Song Review: True Colors by Cindy Lauper



Hi Loves!


I have been thinking of writing a review about song lyrics lately but since there's a lot out there I can't seem to  choose a song that I can relate to somehow. Till one day this week my very adorable niece Sam was busy playing the movie "Trolls" she has on her tablet. Which  interest me not mainly because of the movie itself but because of this one particular song that the main characters sang in one part of the movie. And that song is "True Colors". Okay so the song was originally sang by Cindy Lauper but got a revival through Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick.

So going back, I myself think that this song was wonderfully written and is about someone being afraid to show what they're really are because they feel that someone will judge and criticize them about it. But there will still be that one person that will love you unconditionally  and accept you from whatever your flaws and imperfections.

I myself have been into a situation where I think I can't be myself anymore and I'm pretending to be that someone that I am not just because I am afraid to be an outcast. Before I was so afraid not to be accepted especially by those who are very close to me. I'm afraid to show them my imperfections. But as I hid myself into this unrealistic world the more I am suffocating myself and there is this something inside me that wanted to come out.

And as years and days passed, people come and go. And from there I met extra ordinary people who are always there no matter what. Whose willing to accept me, the real me. And I consider those times my happiest. My family, my true friends and those people who never let me down, those people who helped me be myself. It's a complete freedom to be honest!

Now loves, don't be afraid. Sometimes we really get to a point where we cannot find our true selves. Where showing what we really is will be very hard for us. It will be tough. But this I tell you, there will still be people who will still love you, care for you despite your imperfections. So as the songs says let us not be afraid to show our True Colors- because they're beautiful like a rainbow.



Love,
Cassie










                                                                           


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goldilocks Choco Cake Slice VS Red Ribbon Moist Choco Slice

Song Review: Who Say's by Selena Gomez

Mr. Kimbob Bibimpap - Budget Friendly Korean Food