Chicken Tinola Recipe (Chicken Stew) by Cassie



Chicken Tinola ALA Cassie




Hi Loves!

So today is Saturday here and since it's a weekend it means no office work for me Yehey!! So I got all the time to sleep and just rest and be Lazy. But most importantly I got to do the things I love to do and one of that is to cook! My sister and her husband went to the market earlier today and bought some chicken and ask me to cook Chicken Tinola. Mainly because our little baby guy Lucas love it. 

I myself love chicken cooked with broth because to be honest I'm a soup girl. To give you a brief background of what Tinola is it's actually a soup-based dish served as a appetizer or a main entree here in the Philippines. It's traditionally cooked in onions, ginger, garlic, sayote or papaya wedges and leaves of siling labuyo or chilli pepper or for some they used the malungay leaves (moringa). There's no exact history to where this dish has originated but the dish was mentioned in our National heroes book called Noli Me Tangere.

So now, I'm going to share with you my own recipe and the way I personally cooked my Chicken Tinola. The Ingredients and Instructions are written below:


Ingredients:                                                        
1 big Onion head
Chilli pepper leaves (Siling Labuyo)

2 tbsp Ginger minced
 
1 tbsp. Garlic




 
1/2 chicken meat
3 pcs. Sayote cut into wedge

How to Cook:

1. Saute first the garlic, onion and garlic.
2. Put the chicken and let it cooked until it's light brown in color.
3. Add salt or fish sauce to your desired amount and mix well. 
4. After a minute, put in 4-5 cups of  water and put to a boil and let it  simmer for about 30-45 minutes 
5. Add the sayote wedges onto the broth and simmer for about 4 -5 minutes.
6 Next, add the chili pepper leaves, then salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve it hot as a soup or with rice, Share with friends and family and Enjoy!!
8. This dish can serve upto 4-5 persons.


P.S: I love my chicken tinola with bird's eye chili, fish sauce and calamansi (Philippine Lemon). It's bomb! 

So there you are loves, my very own Chicken Tinola recipe. This dish is both good during sunny and rainy season. It's a comfort food and so easy to make. Should you have any questions on the recipe just leave me a comment. 

Till my next cooking. 


Love,
Cassie




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goldilocks Choco Cake Slice VS Red Ribbon Moist Choco Slice

Song Review: Who Say's by Selena Gomez

Mr. Kimbob Bibimpap - Budget Friendly Korean Food