Take me Back- Mang Larry's Isawan at UP Campus



Hi Loves!

As I was glued into my laptop's screen I was thinking of how to be productive during this weekend. Well I was a bit  bored from my usual dose of Youtube videos and I was too lazy to read the remaining part of the book that I am currently reading- It's the Death Cure btw. I was browsing my mobile's gallery when I suddenly saw this picture of grilled chicken innards from my first visit to Mang Larry's at UP and I started reminiscing that day.

I got to visit this place last year because we went to UP Diliman to practice for an upcoming run. After maybe a 4-6K run we decided that we need to replenish those lost calories.

When we got there, there are still a lot of patrons and the tables are nearly full. However we did not wait too long to find a place to sit. I ordered chicken and pork isaw (intestines) and tenga (Ear).  Honestly I did not expect it to be so cheap. I think At that time price is around 5-7 pesos per stick. They just announced a price increase this year. I was overwhelmed and order around 10- 12 sticks. Holy uric acid overload! It got us around 5-10 minutes for our orders to arrived. I remember clearly, my first bite of the pork tenga was so damn good. The meat is tender and juicy and it can stand without the sawsawan because it's already tasty. But I would also commend the dipping sauce or the sawsawan because swear it's one of the best dipping sauce that I had so far. I love the combination of the vinegar with the spices put into it. Truly an amazing experience.

A barbacue stand is a staple in every community, but even if I tasted a lot of bbq variations, I would really love to go back at Mang Larry's Isawan because why not??






Till next time!

Love,
Cassie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goldilocks Choco Cake Slice VS Red Ribbon Moist Choco Slice

Song Review: Who Say's by Selena Gomez

Mr. Kimbob Bibimpap - Budget Friendly Korean Food