Sinigang na Baboy(Pork Stew in Tamarind Broth) by Cassie



Sinigang na Baboy ala Cassie
Hi Loves,


I'm here again for another recipe because heyy it's freakin Saturday!!! I'm so happy because it's long weekend here now and it means more time for blogging. The recipe that Im going to share with you is very personal because it's one of my favorite Filipino dish. Sinigang is actually a soup based dish made of pork, veggies and tamarind or any other souring agent (unripe mango, guava, kamias). And your right this is sour, perfect for rainy days. It's my comfort food to be honest. I like paring it with patis (fish sauce), kalamansi ( Philippine Lemon), Chili, and of course rice Yum!! On this dish you can also used other ingredients except from pork. You can also use beef, shrimp, fish and well chicken depends on your preference. I love my sinigang very sour it gives me the perfect kick of asim-kilig. Hahaha. This is so easy to make and I hope you enjoy making this as much as I do.



Ingredients:

1 kl. Cut Pork (I used pork hind/pata in this dish)
3 ripe tomatoes cut in quarters
7-8 pieces okra cut in half
1 medium sized onion cut in quarters
2-3 pieces (green chilli) siling pansigang
2-3 cups kangkong leaves
2 mediums size eggplant
8-10 cups of water (varies based on your preference)
1 (20mg) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix with Gabi
3-4 tbps. of Fish sauce


Procedure:
  1. On a cooking pot put water, tomatoes, chilis and onions and bring to a boil
  2. Add the pork and continue to boil until pork is soft enough (30-35 minutes).
    3 Add the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix, fish sauce and let it boil for another 5 minutes.
    4. Add the eggplant, okra and kangkong leaves altogether and boil for another 5 to7 minutes.
    5. Serve hot with Fish sauce, kalamansi and Chili. Enjoy!
    6. Best serve as soup or with rice.


Let me know what you think of this dish loves. Till our next cooking.


Love,
Cassie












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goldilocks Choco Cake Slice VS Red Ribbon Moist Choco Slice

Song Review: Who Say's by Selena Gomez

Mr. Kimbob Bibimpap - Budget Friendly Korean Food